Indulgence in Eastern Canada and Cruise Ocean View Stateroom (Summer 2019)
Tour Type: Luxury Gold
Brochure Type: USA and Canada Luxury Gold 2019
Rich in European architecture and striking natural phenomena, you've made it to eastern Canada. A mix of English and French cultures, indulge in all the elegance this romantic journey has to offer. From the sweeping skylines of Toronto to the thundering thrills of the Niagara Falls, you'll be equally inspired by both the natural elements and urban areas of this striking part of the world. Along the way you'll stay at the best hotels, including the Fairmont Chateau Laurier in Ottawa and Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac in Quebec City, both praised for their decadent decor and prime locations.Exceptional Dining
- Ottawa: Join us for a Highlight Dinner at the Courtyard Restaurant - a culinary experience that will delight your taste buds.
- Quebec City: Dine at Chez Rioux & Pettigrew, a modern eatery and bar showcasing creative, seasonal dishes that celebrate artisanal meats and local seafood.
- Montreal: Celebrate with wine and good cheer at Gibbys in Old Montreal.
- Dining Summary: 7 Breakfasts and 4 Dinners On-Board Canada and New England Discovery Cruise: 7 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches and 7 Dinners
- Toronto: Take in panoramic views of the city from the CN Tower.
- Niagara Falls: Greet the howling spray, wind and thunder at the base of the Falls on-board your cruise.
- Quebec City: On a sightseeing tour, a Local Expert will bring to life this beautiful and historic city that will feel as if you've set foot on European soil.
- Montreal: Visit some of the city's most iconic sites with a Local Expert, including the Notre Dame Basilica with its dazzling combination of blue and gold decor.
- Toronto: The Omni King Edward Hotel showcases the old-world charm and vibrancy of the city.
- Ottawa: You will be treated to a spectacular stay with unparalleled luxury at the Fairmont Chateau Laurier.
- Quebec City: The urban resort of the Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac will entice you with its breathtaking views of the St Lawrence River and Old Quebec.
- Montreal: Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth Hotel has welcomed queens, princes and princesses, heads of state and international business leaders.
Inclusive Luxury Gold Services
- Ottawa: Meet a retired member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, colloquially known as 'The Mounties', and learn first-hand about Canada's iconic national police force.
- Quebec City: As a guest at the iconic, luxury Fairmont Le Cha^teau Frontenac, enjoy an exclusive guided tour of this historic building, learn about the history of the cha^teau, and gain access to areas not accessible to the general public.
- Quebec: Visit the Morrin Centre before it opens to the public to learn about the historic contribution and present-day culture of local English speakers.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Luxury Gold's air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom, onboard restroom and and complimentary bottled water for you to enjoy while travelling.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency.
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels. Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travelling Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold.
|Call (207) 623-4591 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14054126|
|Luxury Gold by Insight|
|Offer valid through 9/30/2018|
|Day 1||Toronto||Welcome to Toronto.: Welcome to Canada. On arrival at Toronto International Airport, you will be greeted and transferred to your luxury hotel, known for its grand architecture and glamorous atmosphere. At 18:00, join your Travelling Concierge and fellow travellers for a scrumptious Welcome Dinner with wine. (Dinner with Wine)|
The Omni King Edward Hotel, Toronto.
|Day 2||Toronto||Toronto Sightseeing and Niagara Falls Up Close.: Discover one of the world's great natural wonders, Niagara Falls, as you enjoy intimate views on a narrated cruise to the base of the falls, before exploring Niagara-on-the-Lake. Back in Toronto, you'll explore and ascend to the top of the CN Tower for panoramic views of this iconic city. Travel along stately University Avenue to see Ontario's Parliament buildings, Queen's Park and the Royal Ontario Museum. The rest of the evening is at leisure, so whether you want to check out the local restaurants, head to Eaton Centre to shop or visit the pride of Canada, the Hockey Hall of Fame, the choice is yours. (Breakfast)|
The Omni King Edward Hotel, Toronto.
|Day 3||Ottawa||Kingston and the Canadian Capital of Ottawa.: Travel along the shores of Lake Ontario for a tour of Canada's first capital, Kingston. Continue to the modern capital of Ottawa where you'll settle into your landmark hotel, the Fairmont Chateau Laurier. Reminiscent of a French chateau, this stunning accommodation offers breath-taking views of the St Lawrence River and Old Quebec. You'll meet a retired member of the renowned Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Hear fascinating tales of what it's like to wear the famous red serge uniform. In the evening, you are invited to a Highlight Dinner with wine at the Courtyard Restaurant. Famous for its fine fresh food, sourced by local farmers and foragers, this historic location boasts a menu of seasonal favourites including organic beef, elk, fruit and vegetables. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Fairmont Chateau Laurier, Ottawa.
|Day 4||Ottawa||All About Ottawa.: Prepare for a fun-filled day exploring Ottawa. Experience Ottawa Your Way this afternoon, with your choice of a Rideau Canal Cruise or Craft Beer Tasting. The rest of the day at leisure. (Breakfast)|
Fairmont Chateau Laurier, Ottawa.
|Day 5||Quebec City||The Old Walled City of Quebec.: Journey along the St Lawrence River to Quebec City, North America's first permanent French settlement and the only walled city in Canada. A Local Expert takes you on an exclusive, behind-the-scenes, tour of the iconic Chateau Frontenac. You'll gain access to areas not accessible to others and learn how its history is interwoven with the city's inhabitants. A VIP drinks reception and a lively musical performance caps off your special visit. (Breakfast)|
Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac, Quebec City.
|Day 6||Quebec City||Quintessential Quebec.: Visit the Morrin Centre before it opens for a private tour of this culturally significant institution. Dive further into Quebec City's history with a Local Expert. See the Citadel of Quebec, Latin Quarter, National Assembly and Place-Royale, as you explore this city's French-Canadian influence. The rest of the afternoon is at leisure. Your Travelling Concierge can provide recommendations before you hit the cobblestones of this romantic destination at your own pace. In the evening, you'll savour a spectacular Dinner with wine at Chez Rioux & Pettigrew. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac, Quebec City.
|Day 7||Montreal||Historic Montreal.: Explore historic Old Montreal with its cobblestone streets and the Old Port. Visit the dramatic Notre-Dame Basilica to see its glorious stained glass windows and Saint Joseph's Oratory, home to one of the world's greatest pipe organs. Learn all about the organ itself and enjoy a short, exclusive recital of different music styles. Spend the evening at Gibbys, a restaurant full of old-world charm, housed in a 200-year-old building in Old Montreal. Savour French-inspired cuisine as you bid 'au revoir' to your Travelling Concierge and new friends with this palate-pleasing Celebration Dinner. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth Hotel, Montreal.
|Day 8||Montreal||Depart Montreal.: Welcome to your Holland America Line Canada and New England Discovery cruise for a voyage along the St. Lawrence River and New England coast. Enjoy a morning at leisure before boarding the ship in the afternoon. (Breakfast / Dinner)|
Holland America Line - MS Zaandam.
|Day 9||Quebec City||Quebec City.: Continue on to Quebec City. Set atop sheer cliffs and with a strong French influence both in its culture and architecture, this elegant city comes with plenty of charm. Take the funicular steps down to the Lower Town where you'll see Notre Dame des Victoires, the Petit Champlain district and the port. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 10||The Gulf of Saint Lawrence||The Gulf of Saint Lawrence.: The Gulf of Saint Lawrence fringes the shores of half the provinces of Canada and is defined by stunning coast line and beautiful islands, including Prince Edward Island and the Magdalen Islands. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 11||Prince Edward Island||Prince Edward Island.: Call in at Charlottetown where red double-decker buses motor along streets lined with regal Victorian houses. This picturesque city is perfect for walks along the harbour and taking a moment at one of its many coffee shops. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 12||Sydney||Sydney, Nova Scotia.: Cruise past the Highlands of Nova Scotia to the port of Sydney, where lighthouses stand on cliff-side ledges and tiny villages huddle in rocky inlets. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 13||Halifax||Halifax, Nova Scotia.: Today you'll head to Halifax, a maritime destination which offers a perfect mix of sea breezes and cultural charm. The ramparts of the citadel defending the city await you here. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 14||Bar Harbor||Bar Harbor, Maine.: Continue south to Bar Harbor, a quintessential New England coastal town on Mount Desert Island that serves as the gateway to Acadia National Park. This retreat for outdoorsy types offers freshwater lakes, rugged clifftops, forests and striking mountains. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 15||Boston||Disembark in Boston.: Time permitting, explore Boston, before transferring to Boston Logan International Airport, or head to the trip hotel if you are extending your stay. Airport arrival will be at approximately 10:00. (Breakfast)|
|Notes: Twin prices are per person. Cruise prices shown include port taxes, tips & fuel surcharge and are accurate as of 29 May 2018. All departures sail on the MS Zaandam.|
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class