Luxurious Hawaiian Escape with Kauai (Summer 2019)
Tour Type: Luxury Gold
Brochure Type: USA and Canada Luxury Gold 2019
Hawaii's traditional greeting, Aloha, signifies love and compassion for others and nature. Experience the magic of this tropical island and meet its gentle people, as you celebrate local traditions and discover lush rain forests, majestic waterfalls and palm-fringed beaches.Exceptional Dining
- Kauai: Embrace the tempting combination of contemporary Hawaiian cuisine at your end-of-tour Farewell Celebration Dinner in the unique setting of Tidepools.*
- Maui: Enjoy a Farewell Celebration Dinner at Humuhumunukunukuapua'a Restaurant, where Maui's Chef of the Year, Michael Lofaro, creates his famed fare.
- Oahu: Celebrate at an authentic Hawaiian Luau Highlight Dinner, as the sun sets over the Pacific, complete with entertainment from storytellers, musicians and dancers.
- Dining Summary: 8 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch (L) and 6 Dinners with wine (DW). *ON KAUAI: 3 Breakfasts (B) and 1 Dinner with wine (DW).
- Hawaii: Visit Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and home to the world's largest volcano.
- Oahu: Spend time at the USS Arizona Memorial in Pearl Harbor, which commemorates the sailors and Marines who perished during the December 1941 surprise attack.
- Hawaii: Lap up pure Big Island indulgence with your Ocean View Room at Mauna Lani Bay Hotel, an Autograph Collection Hotel.
- Kauai: Witness the colours and lush mountains that give Kauai the name 'Garden Isle' at the Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa from your Ocean View Room.*
- Maui: Immerse yourself in idyllic luxury in your Ocean View Room at the Grand Wailea, a Waldorf Astoria Resort.
- Oahu: Relax in Luxury Gold style within your oceanview Room at the Mailani Tower at the Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort.
Inclusive Luxury Gold Services
- Kauai: Aletha Kaohi a local to Kauai, will share with you some of the secrets of the Kauai community and accompanies you on an exploration of Waimea Canyon.
- Oahu: With a local historian, enjoy an exclusive private tour of Iolani Palace, the only official royal residence in the United States.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Luxury Gold's air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom, onboard restroom and and complimentary bottled water for you to enjoy while travelling.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travelling Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold. Included airport transfers on Day 1, 9 and 12. Economy inter-island airfares on Hawaiian Airlines from Honolulu to Kona, Kona to Kahului, Kahului to Lihue.
|Call (207) 623-4591 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14054134|
|Luxury Gold by Insight|
|Offer valid through 9/30/2018|
|Day 1||Waikiki||Aloha Honolulu and Waikiki.: You will be greeted with a smile and a traditional flower lei before being transferred to your elegant oceanfront resort. Your room will offer fantastic views of Waikiki Beach and the ocean from your balcony. At 18:00, join your Travelling Concierge and fellow guests for a Welcome Dinner with wine. The Azure restaurant, adjacent to the famous Mai Tai Bar, is known for its daily fresh seafood brought together by Chef Shaymus Alwin. (Dinner with Wine)|
Mailani Tower, The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, Waikiki (Ocean View Rooms).
|Day 2||Oahu Island||Oahu Island Sightseeing.: Take an exclusive, local historian-guided tour of Iolani Palace, the only official royal residence in the United States. Next, explore downtown Honolulu viewing the Hawaii State Capitol, Washington Place, and the King Kamehameha Statue at Aliiolani Hale. A picturesque journey along the East Oahu shoreline provides views of Hanauma Bay and its crystal clear waters, the Halona Blowhole, and the slopes of Diamond Head. As the sun sets over the Pacific, enjoy a Highlight Dinner with drinks and entertainment from storytellers, musicians and dancers of the Aha'aina Luau. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 3||Pearl Harbor and Leisure Time||Pearl Harbor and Leisure Time.: Begin the day at historic Pearl Harbor, home to the USS Arizona, honouring the military personnel killed in the 1941 surprise attack. Later, enjoy a scenic drive into the volcanic crater known as Punchbowl, home to the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific. The afternoon is at leisure. In the evening, your Highlight Dinner with wine is at the award-winning Chef Roy Yamaguchi's acclaimed Hawaiian fusion restaurant, Roy's Waikiki, best known for his eclectic blend of Californian-French-Japanese traditions and fresh ingredients from the islands. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 4||The Big Island of Hawaii||The Big Island of Hawaii.: In the morning, fly to the Big Island to discover Kailua-Kona, once the capital of the Kingdom of Hawaii. Discover the history of coffee at the Kona Coffee Living History Farm, and learn the story of the 1900s local coffee farmers. The evening is at leisure so ask your Travelling Concierge for some tips or enjoy the spa facilities at your hotel. These include a Vichy shower, natural lava saunas, a meditation pavilion and a fragrance garden. (Breakfast)|
Mauna Lani Bay Hotel, Makaiwa Bay (Deluxe Ocean View Rooms).
|Day 5||Leisure Time on Hawaii||Leisure Time on Hawaii.: The day is yours to spend as you wish. Perhaps try your hand at a round of golf, lounge on the beach, read by the pool, or take a helicopter flight above rainforests and an active volcano? (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 6||Maui||Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Hilo to Maui.: Continue to discover the beauty of the volcanic landscape en route to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Walk where lava once flowed in the Thurston Lava Tube and view the world's largest volcano, Mauna Loa, as well as the active volcano, Kilauea. Visit the Jaggar Museum featuring exhibits of Pelehonuamea, the Hawaiian Deity of Volcanoes, before lunch at the Kilauea Lodge. Fly from Hilo to Maui, your home for the next three days. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
Grand Wailea, a Waldorf Astoria Resort (Ocean View Rooms).
|Day 7||Your Choice Maui Activities||Your Choice Maui Activities.: Explore Maui Your Way, the choice is yours. Perhaps have a day of snorkelling off the coral reefs, take a whale watching cruise (seasonal) or travel the Road to Hana? Your Travelling Concierge is available to make all the arrangements. The evening is yours to enjoy at the resort. (Breakfast)|
|Day 8||Maui||Maui at Leisure.: The day is at leisure for you to indulge in the pleasures of your resort. Maybe make it a spa day or soak up the warm tropical sunshine on the beach? With so many options available at the resort, your Travelling Concierge will assist in planning the perfect day for you. In the evening, join your fellow travellers at Humuhumunukunukuapua'a Restaurant for a Farewell Celebration Dinner with wine, featuring Maui's Chef of the Year, Michael Lofaro. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 9||Hawaii||Depart Hawaii.: Say 'a hui hou' as your nine-day tour concludes with a private transfer to Kahului Airport. (Breakfast)|
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa
|Day 10||Kauai||Waimea Canyon and Local Island Life: In the morning, travel to the immense Waimea Canyon and marvel at its vibrant colours, resplendent in the changing island light. You will be accompanied by Aletha Kaohi, a local to Kauai and speaker of the Kauai Presence. Aletha will share what it is to be part of the Kauai community. The rest of the afternoon is at leisure among the sparkling waters and scented puakenikeni of your resort. (Breakfast)|
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa
|Day 11||Kauai||Kauai at Leisure.: The day is free for you to explore and take in the local sights. Perhaps take a helicopter flight over hidden waterfalls, pristine blue waters and Mana Waiapuna. In the evening, join your Travelling Concierge and fellow travellers for contemporary Hawaiian cuisine and wine, served amongst the open-air thatched huts, waterfalls and koi-filled lagoons of Tidepools Restaurant at your Farewell Celebration Dinner. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa
|Day 12||Lihue||A Hui Hou Hawaii.: After breakfast overlooking the Pacific, you will be transferred to Lihue Airport. (Breakfast)|
|Notes: Twin prices are per person. Prices include economy air and air-related charges on flights between the islands of Oahu and Hawaii, Hawaii and Maui, and Maui and Kauai. Maui-Kauai flights included only on 12-day itinerary. Your first checked piece of luggage is included in your trip price. Due to airline policies on inter-island flights, all guests must provide their full name (as it appears on their passport), date of birth and gender at the time of deposit. Any additional baggage is US$35 per bag per flight and is the responsibility of the guest.|
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class