Travel with Faith 2020: Spiritual England Summer 2020
Brochure Type: Travel with Faith 2020
England's iconic cathedrals and the ancient site of Stonehenge feature on this spiritual encounter with a land whose religious heritage gave rise to such denominations as Methodism and Anglicanism.
- CITY TOUR in London
- SMALL GROUP SIGHTSEEING enjoy a guided visit to The Museum of Methodism & John Wesley's House, with a group size of no more than 25 guests
- VISIT Westminster Abbey and St Paul's Cathedral in London, Stonehenge, Salisbury Cathedral and Canterbury Cathedral
- VIEW the Elizabeth Tower and Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace in London and the Magna Carta in Salisbury
- 6 breakfasts
- 3 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Handcrafted Highlights
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (207) 623-4591 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14888110
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2020
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||London||Arrive London (6 Nights): Delve into the highlights of Britain's Christian heritage on this spiritual journey which begins in its capital, London. From medieval legends to the English Reformation, you'll criss-cross the British capital visiting celebrated churches and delving into important religious events that have shaped the island over the centuries. This evening, you'll join your Travel Director and companions at a Welcome Reception to begin your trip.|
|Day 2||London||London Sightseeing: Ease into London's energetic pace, before embarking on an included half-day sightseeing tour with your Travel Director which features Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament and Buckingham Palace. See the stately Changing of the Guard before your sightseeing tour finishes in central London. Celebrate the tradition of Christian worship and welcome when you join a 'Local Specialist' for a tour of Westminster Abbey, the final resting place of 17 monarchs. Tread in the footsteps of those kings and queens, who have been crowned and married within its ornate Gothic facades since the 11th century.|
|Day 3||London||London Sightseeing and Free Time: Journey to 18th-century London on a Small Group Sightseeing guided visit to John Wesley's elegant Georgian home which he built himself in the 18th century. Here you'll learn about the history of the Methodist faith and see where preachers, their families and servants once sought refuge. Spend the morning learning about his life as the leader of the protestant movement and visit his prayer room and grave. This afternoon you'll have time to explore London on your own. Consider a visit to the British Museum to see a myriad of artefacts associated with Abraham, Esther, Daniel and Paul.|
|Day 4||Stonehenge and Salisbury Excursion||Stonehenge and Salisbury Excursion: We make our way to the ancient circle at Stonehenge, the best-known prehistoric monument in Europe and site where pagans once worshipped. See how the sarsens and bluestones are arranged curiously in a concentric pattern - its mysteries and purpose still undiscovered in modern times. Leaving the monoliths behind, we continue to Salisbury where we'll join a Chaplain for a guided tour of the medieval masterpiece that is Salisbury Cathedral. Delve into over seven centuries of spiritual devotion as you explore its Gothic facades then spend a quiet moment in prayer. You'll have an opportunity to see the 13th-century Magna Carta, which inspired movements for freedom in Britain and around the world. Returning to London, you'll 'Connect With Locals' over an exclusive 'Be My Guest' dinner with a local family.|
|Day 5||Canterbury Excursion||Canterbury Excursion: The Mother Church of the worldwide Anglican Communion extends a warm welcome this morning. You'll embark on a guided tour of the Canterbury Cathedral, which is also the seat of the Archbishop of Canterbury. In the spirit of Benedictine hospitality, you will be welcomed warmly as a friend to share the beauty of one of the great holy places of Christendom. 'Dive Into Culture' and enjoy an exclusive behind-the-scenes presentation revealing the intricate work done by the Stained Glass Studio, established as early as the 1830s to preserve the Cathedral's exquisite stained glass. Return to London this afternoon where you'll enjoy an evening at leisure.|
|Day 6||London||London At Leisure: Join a 'Local Specialist' this morning for a guided tour of St. Paul's Cathedral, designed by Sir Christopher Wren after the Great Fire. Standing at the highest point in the City, St. Paul's Cathedral was built for a fourth time after this tragic event and following Henry VIII's decision to take control of the life of the Church of England. Learn all about its history and how it came to be dedicated to Paul the Apostle. You'll have the rest of the day to explore more of London on your terms. Consider a visit to Westminster Cathedral, the largest Catholic Church in London, or the Victoria and Albert Museum, which offers a wide and varied collection of Christian objects, dating from the middle ages to today. Our last night in London together sees us toast to an incredible journey at our Farewell Dinner.|
|Day 7||London||Depart London: Your spiritual encounter with the important religious sites across London and surrounds has sadly come to an end. Bid your fellow travellers Godspeed and prepare for your onward journey. Airport transfers are available. Conditions apply.|
- Travel to Europe often requires an overnight flight. Please arrange flights to arrive on or before Day 1.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class