Brochure Type: USA Canada and Central America 2023
A wild escape brings your dream of Alaska to life. When you're not traversing Denali National Park's tundra or sailing past Humpback whales and icebergs on an Alaska cruise in Kenai Fjords National Park, you'll find yourself panning for gold and riding a dome car on the Alaska Railroad.
- Explore Valdez, Seward, Denali National Park and Kenai Fjords National Park
- Iconic Train journey through Alaska's wilderness aboard the Alaska Railroad
- Scenic Cruise through Prince William Sound, Kenai Fjords National Park and board a riverboat in Fairbanks
- Scenic Drive along the Scenic Seward Byway
- View Historic Rika Roadhouse, Big Delta State Historical Park, Alaska Range, Wrangell St. Elias National Park, Mt. Denali
- Visit Anchorage, Fairbanks, Denali National Park, Valdez, Seward, Alaska Native Heritage Center, Wrangell St Elias Visitor Center, Valdez Museum, Musk Ox Farm, Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
- Connect With Locals To conclude your day, enjoy a special visit to the home of Dave Monson, a local Dog Mushing celebrity to learn about the sport of Dog Mushing in Alaska. Join him and his dogs for a Be My Guest dinner experience.
- Dive Into Culture Board the Riverboat Discovery to hear tales of the Gold Rush boom and visit a recreated Athabascan village.
- MAKE TRAVEL MATTER A local Specialist reveals the role of this wildlife rehabilitation center.
- MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Take a guided tour of a Musk Ox Farm and learn how this non-profit organization promotes sustainable agriculture.
- 1 Be My Guest
- 1 Dinner
- 1 Farewell Dinner
- 1 Welcome Reception
- 2 Lunches
- 9 Breakfasts
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All transport and transfers shown
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Optional Experiences and free time
Call (207) 623-4591 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16422637
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2022
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Anchorage||Start Your Adventure In Anchorage: Welcome to the edge of the wilderness - to a city surrounded by uninhabited landscapes and the perfect springboard to an epic adventure through Alaska. Spend the day recovering from your journey before joining your Travel Director and fellow travelers this evening for a Welcome Reception.|
Hilton Downtown Anchorage
|Day 2||Step Into The Wilderness Of Denali National Park||Step Into The Wilderness Of Denali National Park: Kickstart your day with a brief Anchorage City Tour before visiting the Alaska Native Heritage Center where you'll gain a deeper understanding of Alaska's translational territories of Alaska Native Cultures through storytelling and authentic demonstrations. We leave Anchorage bound for the untamed wilderness of Denali National Park where a Local Specialist will reveal insights into the rare subarctic flora and fauna of the park. The evening is then yours to spend as you like.|
Denali Park Village
|Day 3||Uncover The Natural History Of Denali||Uncover The Natural History Of Denali: Embark on an extensive Denali Natural History Tour during which you'll learn about the Alaskan natives who once lived in the park and the first ascent of Denali, North America's highest peak. You'll have the whole afternoon free to participate in an array of optional activities. See Denali's incredible landscapes on an optional helicopter flight, battle the wild waters of the Nenana River or join one of the free Denali National Park Service Programs.|
|Day 4||Fairbanks||Explore Denali And Venture To Fairbanks: Tune into your beautiful surrounds as you'll have the whole morning to connect with Denali on your terms. Later, we'll board a deluxe dome railcar on the Alaska Railroad, and make our way to the Golden Heart City of Fairbanks. A delicious Regional Meal is served aboard the train before our arrival in Alaska's Northern Lights capital.|
Rivers Edge Resort
|Day 5||Dig Deep Into Alaskan Culture||Dig Deep Into Alaskan Culture: After breakfast, you will enjoy a city tour of Fairbanks. Then you'll be digging into insights of Alaska's Gold Rush. Dive into Culture with Fairbanks' own Gold Daughters who will guide you through the process of panning for gold in real Alaskan paydirt. Then, you are boarding the Riverboat Discovery to visit a recreated Athabascan Indian Village. To conclude your day, enjoy a special visit to the home of David Monson, a local Dog Mushing celebrity, to learn about the sport of Dog Mushing in Alaska. Join him and his dogs for a Be My Guest dinner experience.|
|Day 6||Take A Scenic Journey To Valdez||Take A Scenic Journey To Valdez: We journey south to the port community of Valdez located along Prince William Sound. As you carve your way through this rugged state you'll view the snow-capped summits of the Alaska Range, expansive glaciers and the Trans Alaska Pipeline which runs parallel to the highway. Stretch your legs during a brief stop at the Historic Rika Roadhouse, an important crossroads for travelers, and the Wrangell St. Elias Visitors Center, before arriving in Valdez.|
Best Western Valdez Harbour Inn
|Day 7||Spot The Wildlife Of Valdez||Spot The WIldlife Of Valdez: Delve into the heritage and culture of Valdez, the Copper River Basin and Prince William Sound during this morning's visit to the Valdez Museum. Keep a keen eye out for seals, otters, sea lions and porpoises as you cruise around Prince William Sound, admiring the plunging ice cliffs of Columbia Glacier which have calved giant icebergs into the bay. Enjoy lunch against the backdrop of your wild surrounds before returning to Valdez, your home for a second night.|
|Day 8||Travel Back To Anchorage||Travel Back To Anchorage: We begin our return journey to Anchorage this morning, crossing Thompson Pass. MAKE TRAVEL MATTER during your afternoon stop at the Musk Ox Farm. Here you'll join a Local Specialist for a guided tour to view the Artic Musk Oxen and learn how this non-profit organization promotes sustainable agriculture practice. Continuing your journey west, arriving in Anchorage later today where you'll toast to new friends over a memorable Farewell Dinner at a local restaurant.|
Hilton Downtown Anchorage
|Day 9||Glance At Glaciers||Glance At Glaciers: We journey along the Scenic Seward Byway this morning to the port community of Seward. Our first stop is to MAKE TRAVEL MATTER at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, where a Local Specialist will reveal the role of this wildlife rehabilitation center. Next up is a sightseeing cruise, including lunch, into the icy heart of Kenai Fjords National Park. Share the waters with Humpback whales and glacial icebergs.|
|Day 10||Anchorage||Depart Anchorage: Our adventure through the rugged Alaskan wilderness has ended. Take an airport transfer or connect with a southbound Alaska cruise.|
- If you are looking even further ahead, this trip is available to book in 2023 (excluding cruises). Visit our website for dates and today's best prices.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class